This course aims to provide participants with technical and practical knowledge to enable them to develop defensive and preventive actions as a result of chemical and hazardous emergencies, including evaluation and monitoring techniques, as well as:
- Understand the basic terms related to hazardous products;
- Analyze the incident and detect the presence of dangerous products;
- Measure risk with basic recognition techniques;
- Plan and implement emergency response;
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment;
- Implement protection actions;
- Perform basic operations of control, containment, targeting and confinement of dangerous products with specific resources;
- Identify and predict the possible effects in different situations;
- Implement basic decontamination procedures;
- To get to know the normal operation procedures, evaluation of progress and closure of an emergency.
- Introduction: Operations with Hazardous Products;
- OSHA training levels;
- Hazardous materials lesson;
- DOT standard labeling;
- Respiratory protection;
- Levels of chemical protection;
- Air deficiency protocol;
- D.E.C.I.D.E . Procedure;
- Security on site;
- Information sources;
- Exercise on sources of information;
- Emergency management;
- Scenario evaluation exercise;
- Confinement and containment of spills;
- High effort practical test with SCBA;
- Chemical decontamination;
- Practical decontamination exercise;
- Containment and confinement exercises for spills;
- Emergencies with tank trucks;
- Practical emergency exercise in a smoke house / confined space;
- Emergencies with tank wagons;
- Valve panel;
- Monitoring of chemical products;
- Protocol for emergency response;
- Practical simulated exercise of emergency response with hazardous products.
The course is taught through theoretical expositions, presentation of practical cases and simulated practical exercise. During the course, the participant will know and use chemical and respiratory protection equipment, as well as carry out practical exercises in the smoke house and confined space. In addition, they will learn about various sources of information, physico-chemical characteristics of the different classes of hazardous products, containment techniques and containment of spills as well as participate in real-scale emergency exercises.
All professionals involved in production and logistics related to hazardous products. Engineers, Security Technicians, Brigadists and Emergency Operators with dangerous products. Chemical Industry, Carriers, Refineries, Environmental Agencies, Civil Defense and Firefighters.
Jorge Alberto Guidobono, Coordinator of the HAZMAT Courses at Suatrans in Brazil, Msc. in Transportation by the Superior School of War of the Argentine Army, Specialist in Logistics by the Argentine Superior School of War, Postgraduate in Logistics and Integrated Solutions, Licentiate in Transport and Operative Logistics and Technician in Transport, Counsultant at the National Institute of Industrial Technology, Emergency Instructor with Hazardous Products at the Transportation Technological Center (TTCI - US, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Spain, Mexico, Venezuela and Puerto Rico) and Instructor of Emergency with Hazardous Materials by the School of Emergency Technicians - Spain, Certificate PRO- BOARD in the NFPA Standards.
Specialists from Suatrans bearers of National and International Certification.
International Hazardous Product Emergency Response Certification (HAZMAT), in accordance with OSHA Regulations 29, CFR 1910.120 (q) (f) and NFPA 472.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Place and date
International Multimodal Training Center for Chemical Emergency Response - Paulínia / SP
June 24-28, 2019
8am to 6pm
R $ 3,000.00 for Suatrans Clients
Until June 17, 2019
Phone Number: (19) 3467-9700 Extension 251